No beetroot today.
This one consists of spicy tuna salad (omit the red kidney beans; add some black olives – enough for two servings), carrot sticks (they also serve as a barrier between the two salads), and little gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and fresh coriander salad).
This will provide two of the portions shown in the illustration:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste (or use chilli sauce instead)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 standard can of tuna chunks (drained)
- 1/2 a standard can of red kidney beans (you can freeze the rest, or store in the fridge for use in the next few days)
- 1 smallish green pepper (roughly chopped)
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- black pepper to taste
Mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, harissa and lemon juice. Give it a good beating with a tablespoon (it should thicken and look like mayonnaise). [You could up the proportion of yogurt and reduce the amount of mayonnaise, but unless the mixture is consumed the same day it will become watery as the yogurt separates from the mayonnaise.]
Add the tuna chunks and mash in with a fork.
Add the beans (drained), the green pepper and the spring onions.
Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
The illustration shows a 750ml square ‘Lock & Lock‘ plastic container. Other items are small tomatoes and carrots sticks (with an oil and vinegar dressing), and sliced beetroot with vinegar and spring onions.