Enough for 2 lunch box portions:
- 1 tin tuna steak (drained);
- 1 tin borlotti beans (drained and rinsed);
- 1/2 small onion (chopped);
- 1 piece of fennel (peeled from a bulb and chopped);
- About 8 sprigs of flat parsley ( roughly chopped);
- Dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper.
Mix all the ingredients (except the dressing) together, then mix in sufficient dressing, so that the mixture is moist but not too wet.
As usual, this comes with cherry vine tomatoes, beetroot, spring onions, carrot sticks and oil and vinegar dressing.
Enough for lunch for 2 (served with bread):
- 100g feta (cut into small cubes, or crumbled)
- 2 spring onions (sliced)
- 1/3rd of a cucumber (diced)
- 14 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 12 olives (stoned and halved)
- A few sprigs of mint
- A few sprigs of flat parsley
- 1 clove garlic (crushed/chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- less than 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Black pepper
Combine the feta, spring onions, cucumber tomatoes and olives in a bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking together the herbs, garlic, oil, vinegar and black pepper. Stir into the salad.
This is based on a recipe I found on the BBC GoodFood website. Enough for 2:
- 150g mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped/crushed)
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- ½ 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ 410g tin chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 90g couscous
- ½ tsp harissa
- 3 soft dried apricots (diced)
- 20 raisins
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 130ml boiling water
- Flat parsley (roughly chopped)
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms and stir constantly over a high heat until they start to soften. Set aside.
Heat a 1 tbsp oil in another saucepan. Gently cook the onion 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cinnamon, cumin and chilli flakes, and cook for 1 min. Then stir in the tomatoes, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix ½ tbsp. of oil and the harissa and stir into the couscous (in a bowl). Stir in the dried apricots, raisins and pin nuts. Pour over the boiling water, stir and then cover. Leave to stand for 7 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
When the tomato mixture has simmered for 15 minutes, stir in the mushrooms, the chickpeas and honey. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
To serve, fluff up the couscous with a fork, and serve with the mushroom mixture, scattered with parsley.
I served this with some green beans.