I made this salad out of ingredients to hand. It would be easy enough to vary the background ingredients – enough for two as a light meal:
- Dressing made from:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic (halved)
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls of wild rocket
- 4 tbsp cooked green lentils
- 4 tbsp cooked camargue rice
- 15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized cooked beetroot (diced)
- 100g feta (diced)
- Pomegranate seeds (from about 1/3 of a pomegranate)
- A few small mint leaves, finely sliced
Make the dressing in a small jar. Shake, to infuse the garlic.
Arrange the rocket. Sprinkle with the lentils and rice. Arrange the tomato halves. Sprinkle with the onion, beetroot, feta, pomegranate seeds and the mint.
Carefully pour the dressing over the salad. Enjoy.