This is a vegetarian version of the a previous recipe (Baked eggs with peppers and chorizo).
Supper – for 2:
- 1 large potato (peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed/finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (cored, deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (coarsely chopped)
- Black pepper
- 4 large eggs
Mix together all the ingredients other than the eggs, and place in a roasting dish and cook in the oven (160C (Gas Mark 3).
After about 45 minutes (when the sweet potatoes are soft), remove the roasting dish from the oven, and make four small wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
Return the dish to oven and cook for a further 8 minutes or until the eggs whites are firm. Serve.