This makes a refreshing start to the day. Serves 2 – 3:
- 100g rolled (‘porridge’) oats
- 100ml milk
- 60ml cherry juice (or apple juice)
- 2 apples (peeled and grated – I used Granny Smiths, but you could use one Bramley, with possibly, some more honey)
- 100g yogurt
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Juice from 1/3rd of a lime (or lemon)
- 8 walnut halves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (eg sunflower, pumpkin, linseeds and sesame seeds)
- Mixed berries (I had a mixture if strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, left over from the previous day), or any other fruit (according to season)
Mix the oats together with the milk and the juice. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, add all the remaining ingredients (other than the mixed berries, or equivalent).
Divide between two or three bowls and top with the fruit.