For the salsa:
- 1 avocado (roughly chopped)
- 125g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- A handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 tsp chipotle paste (be careful strength varies!), or Tabasco
Mix together all the above ingredients and set aside in a serving bowl.
For the fritters:
- 330g can of sweetcorn (drained)
- 3 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 75g self-raising flour (sieved)
- 1 large egg
- 65ml milk
- 2 tbsp oil
Heat the oil (to a medium heat) in two large frying pans (this enables you to make all 8 fritters at once). Beat together the flour, egg and milk. Mix in the sweetcorn and spring onions. Spoon the 1/8th of the mixture onto the frying pan (and repeat until all the mixture has been used).
Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve warm with the salsa.