This could be breakfast or supper – for 2:
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed/finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (cored, deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 small packet of chopped chorizo (mine was 80g)
- 1 red pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (coarsely chopped)
- Black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes (pealed and halved)
- 2 large eggs
Put the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Drain and return to the saucepan, over a very low heat, to ‘dry out’ (about 5 minutes).
Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp of oil and cook the onion gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and chorizo and cook for a further 3 minutes. Mix in the peppers, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Put the remaining oil into a roasting dish and place in the oven (160C (Gas Mark 3). When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and the onion, chorizo and peppers etc. Add black pepper to taste, and mix well and roast for 20 minutes. Then mix in the tomatoes, and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Remove the roasting dish from the oven, make two small wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
Return the dish to oven and cook for a further 8 minutes or until the eggs whites are firm. Serve with crusty bread.