Enough for 4:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped/crushed)
- 1 heaped tsp grated ginger
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 3 large carrots (finely sliced)
- 2 tsp vegi-stock powder
- 1 litre water
- Juice of 1/2 orange (small)
- Black pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander (torn)
- Croutons (see final paragraph sweet potato and red pepper soup)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and coriander, and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add the stock powder and water. Stir, and bring to the boil. Then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
Purée (using a hand blender or a liquidiser). Add the orange juice and black pepper to taste. Serve with croutons and fresh coriander.