I had some uncooked king prawns in the freezer and a ripe avocado, so I made this (for 2):
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped/crushed)
- 2 red chillies (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 green pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 200g (1/2 can) red kidney beans (drained)
- 175g uncooked king prawns (peeled, if necessary)
- 1 lime (grated zest and juice)
- 1 avocado (roughly chopped)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes. Increase the heat, and stir in the green pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the chipotle paste and the tomatoes, bring to the boil, and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir in the red beans and the prawns, bring to back the boil, and simmer for 4 minutes (or until the prawns have cooked (turned pink)).
Stir in the lime zest and add lime juice to taste. Serve scattered with chopped avocado; and with brown rice, if you want something more filling.