Chickpea and chorizo stew with new potatoes and kale – for 2 or 3 people:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped or crushed)
- 2 small red chillies (cored, deseeded and finely chopped)
- 3 small cooking chorizos (sliced)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 12 small new potatoes (cut in half)
- Hot water
- 400g tin of chickpeas (drained)
- 100 g kale (washed and roughly chopped)
- Black pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently cook the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli, stir, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Mix in the chorizo slices and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and the potatoes. Mix together and top up with hot water, so that the potatoes are covered. Bring to the boil and simmer gently.
When the potatoes are almost cooked (after about 20 minutes), add the chickpeas and the kale. Bring back to the boil and cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add black pepper to taste and serve.