Made this the other night – enough for 2 (3 with a salad):
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (medium sized – roughly sliced)
- 2 medium peppers (medium sized – cored and roughly sliced) – different colours will improve the look of the dish)
- 1 chilli (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of oregano
- Black pepper
- 3 handfuls of ‘chunky’ pasta
- 100g mature cheddar (grated)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, peppers, chilli and garlic. Cook fairly gently for about 5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
Add the tomatoes, oregano and black pepper. Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. When cooked drain and add to the tomato mixture. Stir in most of the grated cheese.
Turn into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
Bake in the oven at 180C (Gas Mark 4) for about 25 minutes. Alternatively, if you are using a microwavable dish, you could reheat it in the microwave and grill for about 2 minutes.