This is a quick supper I made from left-overs the other day (enough for two people):
- 2 portions of Chinese noodles (I found these in the back of a cupboard – you could use any noodles or spaghetti or vermicelli)
- 1/2 an onion peeled and sliced (not that thinly)
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 chilli deseeded and chopped
- 1 piece of root ginger (about 2x2cm) chopped
- 1/2 a red pepper (any other colour would be OK) deseeded and sliced
- 150g fresh beansprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Cook the noodles as indicated on the packaging.
Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a wok. Add the onion and stir fry for about a minute. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and stir fry for another minute. Add the red pepper and stir fry for a further one minute. then add the beansprouts and stir fry for another minute.
Drain the noodles and add to the wok together with the soy sauce. Mix well and serve.