This quantity would serve three, or two very hungry people:
• 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic and small red chilli (you may want to exclude the seeds if very hot) chopped;
• Olive oil;
• 6 small cooking chorizos – sliced roughly;
• 1 can of chopped tomatoes;
• About 12 small new potatoes;
• Mixed herbs (I picked a small handful of parsley, thyme and basil which I chopped – dried oregano would do fine);
• Vegetable stock made with water and vegetable stock powder;
• 1 can of chickpeas;
• Some green vegetables (I used chopped kale – courgettes; cabbage; green beans would be fine).
Gently fry the onion, garlic and chilli until they have softened; add the sliced chorizo and fry for a few minutes (stirring occasionally); add the tomatoes, potatoes, herbs and sufficient vegetable stock to cover the mixture; bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes; add the chick peas (don’t add the water they are in unless needed (if the mixture is becoming dry)) and the green vegetables; bring back to the boil and cook until the green vegetables are sufficiently cooked.
The result is a spicy, colourful, satisfying supper!